A pawnshop with a long tradition
The Pfandhaus Schumachers is officially the oldest private company in its industry, and was founded in Viersen by the great-great-grandfather of the present-day owners on 23 February 1873. The company has still kept the first and original pawn loan contract for a loan of 2 Thalers.
For 140 years
The original shop was located on Gladbacher Straße in Viersen, and the first branch was opened in 1954 by the great-grandfather of the present-day owners in Krefeld.
Lothar and Klaus Schumachers (grandfather and father) opened another “Schumachers Pfandleihhaus” in Recklinghausen (1984).
Further pawnshops were then opened by Klaus Schumachers in Dortmund (1993), Bremerhaven (1996), Hannover (2001), Bielefeld (2009), and Braunschweig (2011).
In 2010, Sven Schumachers opened a pawnshop at Duisburg train station.
The 5th generation of Schumachers
Born in 1978
Anika, born in 1982
Carina, born in 1984
Maureen, born in 1986
Born in 1955
Born in 1927 († 2010)
Born in 1880 († 1965)
Born in 1839 († 1928)
The first pawn loan contract from 23 February 1873
The company has still kept the first and original pawn loan contract for a loan of 2 Thalers.